Want to lose weight and be in the prime of your health? Here’s a yummy papaya salad recipe for you. Papaya has multiple health benefits. It is extremely rich in vitamin C and fibre which helps prevent cholesterol build-up, it boosts immunity by shielding you against various infections, aids digestion and above all, is low in calories making it an excellent choice for weight watchers. Looking for more health benefits of papaya? Read here.
Papaya salad recipe by Ayurvedic cookbook author Gita Ramesh.
- Papaya (small, raw, peeled, grated): One
- Tomatoes (cut into small cubes): Two
- Green chilli (finely chopped): One
- Jaggery: One and half cubes
- Red chilli powder: A pinch
- Salt: A pinch
- Tamarind juice: Two tablespoon
- Roasted crushed peanuts: 100 gram
- Basil leaves: A few
- Mix the raw papaya, tomatoes and green chilli in a bowl.
- Now, prepare the sweet syrup to be added to the papaya. Heat the jaggery cubes in a pan till it liquidifies. Add the red chilli powder, salt and tamarind juice and mix well. Remove and allow it to cool and then add it to the papaya mixture.
- Serve garnished with basil leaves. Also read the health benefits of tulsi or basil.
With inputs from IANS.
For more articles on Diet and Fitness, check out our Fitness section. Health.India.com is now TheHealthSite.com. Follow the all-new site on Facebook and Twitter.
Copyright © slim.sundhed.cc Lose Weight All Rights Reserved