When most people think about losing weight, all they can think of is spending hour after hour on a treadmill. One reason that losing weight can be such a challenge is that conventional weight loss methods are usually extremely boring. However, getting rid of those extra pounds does not have to be an unpleasant tasks. Here are five out of the box techniques for losing weight:
1) Shopping: Yes, this is not a typo. As crazy as it may seem, shopping can help you lose weight. Shopping takes a conventional weight loss method and puts a more enjoyable spin on it. Instead of walking for an hour on a treadmill and staring at the wall, you can walk and burn calories while searching for the perfect new shirt. The next time you head out for a day of shopping, try to minimize the amount of time you spend in the car. Instead of driving from one shopping center to the next, take the time to walk. Doing so will ensure that you will be buying smaller sizes in no time!
2) Rock Climbing Gym: Although actual rock climbing requires a lot of planning and preparation, a rock climbing gym gets rid of all the hassle and provides you with instant access to the benefits of rock climbing. A rock climbing gym can provide you with an exciting full body workout that will help you burn hundreds of calories.
3) Nintendo Wii: Recently, a Wii enthusiast spent thirty minutes a day playing Wii sports games. After six weeks of this ?workout routine,? the boy conducting the routine lost ten pounds and two percent of his body fat. For the first time, video games can actually help you lose weight instead of gaining it!
4) Hiking: Nothing is better than exercising while breathing in fresh mountain air. Whether you do it in a group or alone, hiking can help you shed a few pounds while spending some quality time in the great outdoors.
5) Pilates or Yoga Class: Most people think that Pilate?s and Yoga only improve flexibility, but in fact, they are both great ways to lose some extra weight. Taking a Pilate?s or Yoga class allows you to get in shape while participating in a social environment.
- Prev:Losing Weight Can Get You A Bigger Tax Refund
- Next:What You Should Know About Fat Loss Before You Start A Self Program Of Dieting Or Exercise