Each year the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) reviews about 1700 new compounds that industry is seeking to introduce. Only a quarter of the 82,000 chemicals in use in the US have ever been tested for toxicity. The ones that have been examined, have not been tested in combination with all the other toxins in our bodies. And it's doing harm.
Environmental toxins and pollutants are having a drastic effect on you and your children. Consider these facts...
5 Ways Toxins Are Hurting You and Your Family
- Obesity in proliferating in the United States. 3.8 million people are over 300 pounds, over 400,000 people (mostly males) carry over 400 pounds and the average adult female weighs an unprecedented 163 pounds! And, it's not all because of fast food places like McDonalds. Our bodies protect us from the cell damaging effects of toxins by surrounding them with fat. The more toxins-the more fat. Remove the toxins and you will have a dramatic loss of fat-especially visceral fat. This is the fat that surrounds your organs and glands and gives you a "gut."
- Animal studies show that flame retardants (polybrominated diphenyl ethers) that save hundreds of lives each year, also impair thyroid function and cause reproductive and neurological problems. When thyroid function goes down, blood lipids go up. How many prescriptions for cholesterol lowering statins could be avoided if we just got these toxins out of our bodies?
- In the past 10 years, the number of children diagnosed with bipolar disorder has increased 40 fold. Based on the sale of psychotropic medications, other forms of mental illness have also sky rocketed.
- Autism has increased 10-fold.
- An article in the Lancet, a leading British Medical Journal links preservatives and food dies to hyperactivity in children.
Given these facts, don't you think it's time to reduce the number of toxins in your environment? Here's how...
6 Tips to Help You Cleanse Your Body and Eliminate Toxins So You Can Lose Weight and Keep You and Your Children Healthy
1. Drink only filtered water-and plenty of it-at least 8 glasses per day. A carbon filter is fine, but reverse osmosis is the best.
2. Read labels, if you need a chemistry degree to figure out an ingredient, it does not belong in your body. The FDA will not protect you. Remember, New York City removed dangerous hydrogenated oils from our diets-not the FDA.
3. Buy organic. Yeah, I know it is expensive, but the lack of poisons and the increased nutritional value will offset the price.
4. Throw out your nonstick pans. Perfluorinated acids damage the liver, affect thyroid hormones, cause birth defects, and cause cancer in animal studies.
5. Do not eat farm fish. Believe it or not, they are loaded with antibiotics and chemical dyes
6. Do not eat wild fish more than once per week. They are loaded with mercury. Children suffering from IQ losses have been linked to high mercury levels found especially in canned tuna.
Your chances of getting some form of cancer in your lifetime 50 years ago were 1 in 14. Today, the chances are 1 in 2. The World Health Organization reports that environmental toxins can cause every chronic disease including cancer. Don't wait for a disease to steal your health and well being. Get the toxins out today and the fat will follow.
- Prev:End Your Love Affair with the Scale: How to Break the Weighing Habit
- Next:Frustrated with Your Weight Loss Results?