There are various natural therapies that are used for shedding extra fat from the body. Acupressure is one of the natural therapies that are widely used for fat loss. Acupressure and Acupuncture are oriental modes of treatment in which specific points on the skin are stimulated to favorably influence internal organs. While the required points are simply pressed in Acupressure, they are punctured (with needles) in Acupuncture.
These therapies originated almost 5000 years ago and they are being used even today. Presently, these therapies are being practiced throughout the world. Even the WHO recognizes these therapies as authentic and effective modes of treatment and recommends their use in a variety of disorders and diseases.
Below are few important points about obesity and its causes –
1. A fat person’s metabolism is slow, due to which the excess food he eats is not burnt away but is transformed into fat.
2. There is some malfunctioning in the digestive system of a fat person, due to which carbohydrate metabolism stops after reaching a particular stage.
3. A fat person has voracious appetite which makes dieting very difficult for him.
In order to treat obese person, some specific points should be deeply pressed using the thumbs or a finger or some blunt tool, for one minute in a pumping (press and then release and continue the process) manner. The treatment should be carried out just before each meal. This results into a suppression of the appetite and a stepping up of metabolism.
Acupressure is entirely safe, unlike medicines and it costs nothing as it is a form of self- treatment. Before starting acupressure for reducing weight, it is better to consult a therapist or refer a health book dedicated to acupressure.
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.
- Prev:What Causes Child Obesity?
- Next:Diet for Fat Loss Program