8 of 10 women want to get thin. It’s probably the second most sought-after goal after having access to unlimited funds... Seriously, obesity has become a disease of epidemic proportion mostly due to our sedentary lifestyle and lack of time.
Not too long ago, humans took part in a lot of physical activities such as walking, playing sports and jogging in the park. Nowadays, time restrictions or safety concerns appear to have taken these activities away from us. Our workload, studies, responsibilities and other family concerns seem to compete for our attention and exercise and proper nutrition have been pushed aside. There is no surprise in why the population became fat “all of a sudden”.
If you want to lose weight, you’ll need to make a difficult decision. You’ll have to commit time, willpower and planning in order to change your habits and lose weight. The most important thing to do to lose weight is to adjust your thinking. Here are a few things that you will have to re-learn:
- Plan your meals and stick to your plan. If you can’t plan, limit your options to foods that will help you meet your weight loss goals, not foods that will ruin your goals.
- Enjoy five or six SMALL meals per day, even if your time schedule doesn’t seem to permit it. You’re hungry and you will find a way to make time.
- Get informed. Discover what constitutes healthy foods and learn what a serving size actually is. Most fast-food restaurants serve food in tray-sized containers. Avoid these restaurants or simply throw away half of your meal when you’ve had “a serving worth”.
Obviously, it’s easier to talk about weight loss than to do it. Take it a step at a time but start right now. Don’t procrastinate and don’t wait until tomorrow. Find something that motivates you and get proper guidance if you want to begin an effective weight loss plan. Motivation is the most important factor as you absolutely must learn to say “no” that habits that will destroy your diet.
Motivation comes first because it gives you the strength to say “no” to some destructive habits that hinder your diet. Motivation can come from within and from outside sources. If you’re only trying to lose weight to please someone else, or to part away from the lazy and self-indulgent prejudice that other people have towards obese people, your motivation won’t be strong enough. It needs to come from within. If you are ashamed of your body, can’t move without getting out of breath or are afraid of heart diseases or diabetes, these powerful inner motivations are difficult to acknowledge but will prove to be the strength that you need to succeed in losing weight.
Proper guidance will teach you the difference between healthy and non-healthy foods and will prove to make or break your diet. Find a great doctor and nutritionist and get their advice.
Society imposes strong pressure on us to be healthy and thin, yet it promotes obesity through its actions and menus. Your weight and your health are in your hands. You can try yet another fad diet or you can aim for success by starting a healthy diet program of exercise and healthy eating.
- Prev:Stop Getting Fat: 5 Tips to Become a Thinner You
- Next:Is Your Belly Too Fat - Find Out How Big Is Too Big