We can never deny the fact that a large chunk of today's society is either overweight or obese. Many just ignore this issue without even realizing that they are already a ticking time bomb ready to explode. Relying solely on slimming pills to lose weight and cutting down on diet in an irrational manner may do you more harm than good when you are under obesity treatment. Let us cast light on some do's and don'ts while you're on a weight loss program.
1. The most basic things about life are simple. If you don't get adequate sleep, production of a hormone called ghrelin increases, making you feel more hungry. Lack of sleep can also make you feel irritated and tired, which effectively takes away your focus from things you should be thinking about on priority basis. And when that happens, chances are very high that you'll be drawn into eating to compensate for your intellectual or spiritual deficits.
2. Drink plenty of water during the program. Water can help clean our digestive system and remove any excess substances or harmful materials in our bodies that add to our weight.
3. Gather a network of support. Find others who are working toward similar goals and get together in the mornings for a neighborhood walk or to share healthy low-fat recipes.
4. Blue-green algae: this algae converts sunlight into chlorophyll. It contains vitamins, amino acids and minerals, particularly beta-carotene and protein. The proteins of blue-green algae are rich in peptides, which are neurotransmitters that nourish the brain and the nervous system by improving mental clarity and memory. Also consuming algae increases the sperm count and improves sexual performance.
5. Don't use exercise as an excuse to eating more. You may walk, run, swim, or dance, but none of them will fetch you any benefit if you can't resist the temptation to go on frequent binges.
6. Transition to a whole-food diet that incorporates an abundance of fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Cut out animal proteins and processed foods as much as possible, and avoid high-fat foods and sweets.
7. Millet: it is a grain whose taste resembles that of potato. It does not contain gluten, so it can be consumed even by people who have gluten intolerance. Millet is an alkaline food that neutralizes the excessive gastric acidity, a condition that can lead to arthritis or gout. In addition, the enzymes in millet facilitate digestion. Also millet is rich in silica, which is essential for the health of connective tissue, bones and arteries.
8. Hunger is the best cuisine and amen to that. Many people have a tendency to eat when they feel unhappy, angry or bored. Emotional eating violates the body's natural requirement. So learn to distinguish between craving and hunger. Also, avoid peers who always eat no matter what the occasion is. You may find it difficult to not eat when you are in their company.
9. Start taking chia seeds regularly to boost your intake of dietary fiber (which helps to increase your sense of fullness and prevents excess hunger). Chia seeds are an excellent source of nutrients and have almost no calories. You can add them to a variety of different foods or eat them plain.
- Prev:Fast Ways To Lose Weight - 6 Secrets Revealed
- Next:Overcoming The Factors Of Overeating