Studies have shown, belly fat is the last form of fat used up by the body, which means it takes that much more effort and determination to make it disappear. In order to lose stomach fat, it is important to lose weight. People who shed pounds will usually first start losing excess weight around the waist. Eating the right foods can make this happen faster.
1. Stop emotional eating, try to become aware of when you're eating because you are sad, depressed or just simply bored, seek to tackle the problem and save on those unwanted calories.
2. Shed pounds by eating apples. Apples and pears are effective weight loss foods, according to a study published in the journal Nutrition in 2003. The study revealed that female dieters who ate 3 apples or pears a day ended up losing more weight than dieting women who were on the same diet but snacked on oat cookies instead.
3. foods containing lots of fiber are important for you to eat. Foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grain bread and pasta are all part of the fiber group. They all help you to properly digest your food and at the same time give you those needed nutrients. Foods without fiber result in waste not being properly eliminated causing bloating. Fiber assists in shrinking your middle.
4. Drink water. Most people hate hearing this, and actually think that drinking too much water will cause bloating. In reality, this is not true - excess water flushes out salts that cause water retention. Two ways you can check if you are getting enough water - the most obvious being if you are thirsty often. If you are feeling thirsty, you are already dehydrated - and that can have adverse health effects. Secondly, if your urine is coming out clear, your water consumption is adequate - dark urine is a sign of dehydration. Your body will never save water for later - it will pass through, flushing out toxics from your system.
5. You should do fun things you like doing, like riding your bike, jogging when you walk the dog, playing ball games, dancing, you can walk/jog with a friend if you like, the possibilities are truly endless, choose something you will like doing. Start at a pace that suits you get faster and go farther with time. Don't let the fear of exercise stop you, the key is to start doing something.
6. Burn stomach fat by eating blueberries. Research at the University of Michigan, suggests that these dark berries are an important part of an effective belly fat diet. Researchers took rats that were bred to become severely overweight and gave some of them blueberry powder. Twelve weeks later, the rats that ate blueberry powder lost more belly fat than the other group.
7. Beware of carbohydrates like cookies, white bread and pasta, and candy as they can result in you quickly putting weight on. Foods such as these have little or no nutritional value and are full of those dreaded calories. Limiting these will enable you to lose belly fat through your diet.
- Prev:Belly Fat Diet Plan - 7 Foods and Recipes
- Next:Losing Belly Fat for Women