Losing weight needs a long-term solution. In most cases the weight built up over time and therefore it won't magically disappear after a trendy fad diet. There is no effective long-term solution that doesn't involve lifestyle or behavioral change and a lot of hard work. In simple terms, it means that your everyday diet needs to be healthy for the rest of your life. Throughout the article we will discuss some of the many reasons that losing weight will be beneficial to you, as well as how you can begin seeing results!
1. Studies show that people who eat fast tend to put on more weight and people who eat slowly tend to maintain a healthy weight and smaller amounts of body fat.
2. You should focus on daily exercise and an eating plan based on natural, whole foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, seafood rich in omega 3s,and limited lean meat. Within two to three weeks, high cholesterol plummets. Hypertension disappears. Many diabetics no longer need their medications. Excess weight melts away. And energy levels soar. Our health improves quickly and dramatically when we eat the foods our bodies are biologically designed to eat.
3. This may seem like common sense, but many people do not incorporate it into their lives. The bottom line is if you want to lose weight, you have to move. Thirty to 60 minutes a day is all you need, and you don't have to kill yourself in a gym to see results. In fact, low-impact aerobic exercises are more effective for burning fat and calories. Exercises such as walking, biking and swimming are terrific for losing weight. If you are just beginning, start out with three times a week and gradually work up to four or five sessions a week.
4. Make Yourself An Exercise And Diet Log. Make yourself both a diet and exercise log, so you can follow your own progress. Although you won't lose weight fast just by writing stuff down, it is absolute essential that you do this, because this information will give you direct feedback on your progress, and you'll be able to see steady improvement which will put a huge smile on your face. Your motivation will go up, and you'll shed the pounds even faster.
5. Drink a minimum of 6 glasses of water daily. Coffee and alcoholic beverages in moderation. Limit the consumption of oils, to no more than one teaspoon per 1000 calories consumed. Avoid animal fats.Avoid added salt, and highly salted,pickled and smoked foods.
6. There is a huge misconception among many who want to lose weight. They believe that if they don't eat anything, they will lose weight. Quite the opposite is true, though. If you starve yourself, you shift your metabolism into reverse, and your body begins to get its nourishment from your muscle. What you need to do is eat five or six small, nutritious meals a day. Start out with a healthy breakfast of oatmeal and a piece of fruit. Three hours later, enjoy a cup of low-fat yogurt topped with almonds. Two hours later, eat a turkey sandwich on whole-grain bread with a slice of cheese and an apple on the side.
7. Of course I would mention this. Cut your calorie intake and allow your body to burn the fat it has stored. Continue to eat carbohydrates, perhaps watching your portions, but try to take 5 servings. You need carbohydrates for your basic energy, which in turn will make doing the exercises much easier.
- Prev:5 Guaranteed Weight Loss Tips
- Next:7 Tips to Get a Flat Stomach Fast