There are certain instances when many of us want to know how to lose 20 pounds in 30 days. But, at the same time, wonder, is it possible to lose 20 pounds in 30 days? The best way to lose weight, as known to many people is to follow a healthy diet. The best weight loss diet is that, which reduces the intake of calories so that more calories are burnt than consumed, and one can lose weight easily.
1. Sleep: Ok this is an easy one to get used to. Make sure you give yourself enough time to get at least 7 - 8 hours of sleep every night. This is a great metabolism booster.
2. Many a times, while undergoing weight loss, people end up skipping their meals, but this is the biggest mistake ever. This affects the metabolism of the body and the person finds it difficult to lose weight. Hence, it is important to have 5 to 6 small meals a day. According to research, metabolism of the body increases, after one consumes a meal by 10% for about 3 hours. Therefore, if you eat 5 to 6 meals a day, your metabolism will be on the higher side and you will be able to shed some pounds off. Breakfast is a meal, which is often skipped, but remember it is most important meal of the day.
3. Weight loss comes down to reducing extra calories from food and beverages and increasing calories burned through physical activity. Weight loss programs typically focus only on physical factors related to weight loss. Weight loss is simple, burn more calories then you consume. If you can fully understand that then you are on your way to losing weight.
4. One of the real easy ways to lose weight is to think about what you are eating. 90% of what we eat we do through habit. If you can make some small adjustments, you can really see the benefit. Switch to diet soda or even water, and you'll be surprised how many calories you cut down on. Why not switch from regular pasta to wholegrain? While you are there why not reduce your pasta portion by a 3rd? After a few weeks a small change like this will lose you pounds - told you it was one of the easy ways to lose weight!
5. Portion control: This was probably what helped me most. I'm a fairly big guy and I like a big meal and was taught to clean my plate at dinner. Now I really enjoy eating just a little bit of "everything" and I don't feel guilty for not always cleaning my plate. Get a smaller plate and eat at home more often then you will appreciate an occasional dinner out much more.
6. Along with the balanced meals, you will also have to consume some vitamins that boost metabolism. Multivitamins help to burn about 4% more calories, which helps in shedding about 15 pounds more. Remember to drink about 8 to 10 glasses of water a day, but milk, aerated drinks, coffee, tea juices, etc. should not be included in the total water consumption for the day. Drinking plenty of water will help you to lose weight fast.
7. Eat sensibly so your body doesn't crave for food. If you treat your body right it won't demand for more attention! Eat a salad, work out and get lots of sleep and it will bloom. Create a plan and do everything in you power to maintain that plan! Remember, it's not an overnight kind of thing.
8. Get to know your food labels. Start checking out the labels before you eat the food. Even though you may think you can guess how healthy something is just by what kind of food it is etc, you'll still be surprised. Some so called "healthy" or "diet" meals contain so much fat and sugar etc that you may as well just go to your local golden arches. Reading the labels can help you avoid the real bad stuff and find the true healthy stuff.
- Prev:7 Ways To Start Losing Weight Today
- Next:Quickest Way To Lose Weight