There are hundreds of workout programs, magic pills and diet programs that promise instant success when it comes to losing abdomen fat, but many of them just don't work. Some of them help to a certain extent and contributes to the general good shape of the people practicing it, but cannot get rid of the abdominal fat completely. If you want to know how to lose belly fat then it's really quite simple. Just follow these some simple tips and you will be well on your way.
1. You will have to increase the the consumption of polyunsaturated fats and reduce the consumption of saturated fats. At the same time increase the consumption of healthy proteins like lean meat, fish, sprouts, egg whites, etc. Proteins are known to help the fight against belly fat. For losing belly fat for women, you will also have increase the consumption of complex carbohydrates, like whole grains, fruits, vegetables, etc.
2. Hit the Cardio Equipment. One of your best fat burning tools is cardio. Cardio activities whether it be going for a walk or a hike on a nice day, or spending some time on the elliptical in the gym, are the quickest way to burn fat all over your body, including your belly. Cardio raises your heart rate causing your body to look to its fat storage for energy. The longer your heart rate is within the fat burning zone the more calories of fat you will burn away.
3. Try not to skip meals. You should eat 5 to 6 small meals throughout the day verses one or two large meals. This keeps you from getting hungry and will help you lose belly fat much faster.
4. Choose the right carb food - the only carbohydrates that will not add fat to your belly are the complex carbohydrates such as whole-grain or whole-meal pasta, rice and bread. What you need to watch out are the add ons such as pasta and dairy sauces, butter and cheese. Stay away from simple carbs such as sugary foods (cakes, biscuits etc)
5. Most of us tend to consume less water as compared to the ideal amount of water we should consume. Drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water everyday is mandatory, therefore make it a point to drink the said quantity. Often times we eat, when we are actually hungry. Therefore, the next time you are hungry make sure you reach for a glass of water before you reach for a packet of junk food
6. Targeting the muscles specifically around the belly, such as your abs and other core muscles, can give you a great advantage when it comes to losing belly fat. However, you should develop a routine that allows you to target all the muscles around your entire body for optimal fat burning. The muscles near your belly fat do not necessarily burn more belly fat than other muscles in your body. The body works as a whole to obtain its energy needs. The more you work all your muscles, the greater amount of fat you will burn overall, including the fat around your waistline.
7. One of the most important tips to lose weight naturally is to cut back on your carbohydrates or carbs. You should eat more vegetables and less white. By less white, I mean eat less white bread, flour, rice, pasta, potatoes etc. Eat fewer white foods and you'll be cutting your carbs by a significant amount. This is a great way to lose belly fat naturally.
8. Green Veggies - an excellent way to lose belly fat is to eat green vegetables and salads so eat plenty of these along with lean protein and a small side plate of complex carbohydrates.
- Prev:More About Belly Fat Diet
- Next:6 Free Weight Loss Tips