Overweight refers to people who are suffering from obesity and in case a person is suffering from obesity - he/she will have to go for a fat loss program. There are two different types of weight loss programs: muscle loss and fat loss. In muscle loss program, weight lifting is done and a good amount of protein diet is taken. But excess protein intake is not considered healthy for people who are suffering from kidney or liver problems. Therefore, when one is going for a weight loss diet one should be careful to take up the program which best suits the body.
The total weight of the body is determined by the calorie intake in the form of carbohydrate, fats or protein and when a person taken certain calories in a day - it should be utilized completely by the body. If a person is leading a sedentary life the calorie intake should be less and in case a person does more physical work, the calorie intake should be more. If a person is not doing any physical work and he eats a food high in calories - the excess calories will add up to the weight and the excess can also raise toxins in body.
One should take up a balanced diet and maintain a healthy body mass index. There are many benefits of taking a healthy diet as it prevents risks of cardiovascular diseases, cancer, diabetes, stroke etc.
Diet for weight loss
There are mainly five groups of food vegetables, cereals/pulses, dairy products, fish/meat/poultry and fruits. To reduce weight a diet chart should be maintained in which the amount of calorie intake in a day should be less than everyday requirement and the diet should be followed for more than a month to look slimmer and fit.
Sometimes obesity is caused by genes, environmental factors, certain emotional factors, hormonal imbalance or PCOS and in such case the diet programs may not work.
The results of taking a weight loss diet depends on a number of factors such as body weight, age, gender, hormone secretion etc. After analyzing the cause for excess weight one can plan a balanced diet in which restrained quantities of food products rich in fat and carbohydrate should be included.
Some of the tips for making a weight loss diet chart are
1. Diet having a low fat and low carbohydrate is more effective than the diet which contains a number of food substitutions which are included in the diet to reduce body fat.
2. Take a nutritious diet to prevent malnutrition and the needed minerals, vitamins, vegetables; fruits, skimmed milk and proteins should be included in the diet.
3. Eating slowly can help in reducing weight because the brain starts signaling in 20 minutes that the stomach is full.
4. Start with soup, vegetables and salads before a meal.
5. Half of the meal should comprise of vegetables and fruits during lunch and dinner.
6. Do not take heavy meals - take light meals and before every meal take two glasses of water.
7. Avoid junk food, beverages, sweet tea and carbonated drinks. Avoid eating out with friends.
- Prev:How You Can Burn Fat Fast
- Next:Flat Belly Diet - Reduce Belly Fat Naturally