Stair lifts are a boon when it comes to negotiating stairways which have become inaccessible due to your mobility issue. Whether you are a homeowner, architect or builder, it’s important to know where to buy the right stair lift for your needs.
Stair lifts are a boon when it comes to negotiating stairways which have become inaccessible due to your mobility issue. There are many different types of models for indoor and outdoor applications. Whether you are a homeowner, architect or builder, it’s important to know where to buy the right stair lift for your needs. In other words, you have the find the right dealer.
Finding the Right Stair Chair Lift Dealer
The Internet offers excellent resources to begin your search for the right accessibility equipment dealer. Reliable online directories list all the established elevator and lift dealers. You can search by zip code or city name to find a dealer in your area. Once you do so, short-list a few suppliers and check out their websites. This is the best way to compare products and services. Things you need to look for:
• Quality Product:
- Wide choice of quality stair chair lifts: Make sure the dealer’s inventory offers you a wide choice from leading brands such as Savaria, ThyssenKrupp Access, Bruno, and so on. As with any product, you need to be sure that you are buying a quality handicap stair lift. Most well-known dealers have online stores which are easy to browse and provide a good understanding of their offerings.
- Features: Whether the lift is for indoor or outdoor use, or for a straight or spiral stairway, make sure that it is user-friendly and has the specifications and safety features you are looking for. Ensure that the model you choose offers a smooth and comfortable ride through the stairs. There are compact models that fold up when not in use, saving space in your home as well as leaving the stairway free. Look for product with a battery-operated option if power outages are common where you live.
• Professional Services:
When you choose a chair lift dealer, make sure you are offered efficient pre- and post-sales support.
- Pre-sale support: This would be in the form of guidance to choose the right type of stair lift. A reliable dealer would offer free site assessment to help you decide on the model that’s right for your stairs. Some even offer a free written proposal.
- Post-sales support: This would start with installation of the device – with the least hassle and structural modification. Quality post-sales support keeps the equipment in order and minimizes downtime. So make sure that the dealer offers timely maintenance, inspection, testing and repair by factory-trained technicians. It is important that all standards are adhered to when setting up stairlifts.
The Cost Factor
All accessibility equipment is expensive. However, there are dealers that offer certified pre-owned stair lifts, which are less expensive than new. These are used lifts that have been refurbished to meet original manufacturer specifications. So once you identify the dealer and know where to buy the right stair lift for your needs, you can even get it at an affordable rate. Moreover, the right dealer is one who is customer-focused and strives to offer handicap stair lifts at a competitive price.
- Prev:HCG Diet – The Easiest Way to Lose Weight
- Next:Learning What Works for You on a DNA Diet