Ideally all food should be eaten at the table. Good eating habits take time to learn but once learned they will help keep you at goal weight.
1. Eat natural foods. Stay away from snack and convenience foods as much as possible. For example, opt for fresh fish instead of fish sticks, fresh fruit instead of canned in sugar syrup.
2. If you don’t buy it, you won’t eat it. For example, shop only after eating a nutritious meal.
3. Rid fat from your diet. Learn to cook without using oil, shortening, and butter. Instead, poach, steam, broil, bake or wok.
4. Eliminate white sugar and refined white flour from your diet. Cut down on caffeine and sugar substitutes. Dump the junk!
5. Bulk up on Natural Complex Carbohydrates. You’ll lose without hunger pains. For example, use whole wheat flour, high fiber whole grain breads, brown rice, cereals, pastas, beans, potatoes, fresh fruits, and veggies. These foods are loaded with proteins, fiber, vitamins and minerals.
6. Eliminate salt from your diet. Use natural spices and herbs instead.
7. Drink eight glasses of water daily. Water controls appetite, cleanses your body and promotes regularity. Drink one hour before meals and after meals, but not during meals.
8. Plan ahead. Don’t let meals and snacks become an accident. Plan menus carefully and always from a list.
9. Don’t berate yourself for eating an ice cream cone or a piece of candy. The less emotional you are regarding your eating; the easier it’ll be for you to eat rationally.
10. Eating should be the primary activity. Restrict eating to one room. Place diet tips around the room and refer to them if necessary. Ideally all food should be eaten at the table. Good eating habits take time to learn but once learned they will help keep you at goal weight.
11. Balance caloric intake with caloric output. Don’t take in more calories than you expect to expend in energy. Make exercise a lifetime habit.
12. Slow down your rate of eating. Don’t have an eating utensil in your hand as long as there is food in your mouth.
13. Don’t serve meals family style. Serve planned portions and serve in courses.
14. Eat as much as you can earlier in the day. Ideally 60% of calories should be consumed before 3pm.
15. Just remember.You CAN leave something on your plate.
- Prev:The Psychology of Eating
- Next:Various Advantages of the Meal Replacement Shakes to Consider