Many women look at their bodies after having a baby and feel very insecure by what they see. At this point, they will probably "mourn" their pre-pregnancy bodies and want them back as quick as possible. One way to do that is to change their eating habits to healthier ones. There are certain types of foods that not only have great amounts of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants but that will also help you lose weight. In this article, you will find a superfood list for post pregnancy weight loss that will also keep you in great general health!
1. Blueberries. Not only are blueberries low in calories and high in fiber, which makes them an excellent weight loss food, but they are also packed with disease-fighting phytonutrients which will benefit your health. Blueberries are high in vitamin K, and also contain large amounts of manganese and vitamin C.
2. Kidney Beans. These nutrient-rich heart healthy morsels make the superfood list for post pregnancy weight loss because they are a great source of fiber and low in fat and calories. They are also a good source of protein which contributes to keeping you feeling full for longer amounts of time. They are also a good source of iron, potassium and magnesium.
3. Broccoli. Broccoli has become known as a cancer fighting food, but it also has many other health benefits. It is nutrient packed with high amounts of vitamins C and K as well as folate. It is great for weight loss because it is very low in calories, contains a good amount of protein and is a great source of fiber. Broccoli also contains potassium, vitamins A and B6 and several more nutrients.
4. Salmon (wild Alaskan is best for lower risk of contaminants). Along with its heart healthy omega-3 fatty acids, salmon is also low in cholesterol and 'bad' fats such as saturated fats. Among its many health benefits, salmon is a great source of protein that is low in calories (even lower in calories than an equal amount of chicken!). It is also very high in vitamins D and B12 and contains good amounts of potassium, and vitamins B3 and B6.
5. Almonds. Many may argue that almonds should not make the superfood list for post pregnancy weight loss because of their high fat content. The truth is that the fat in almonds is the healthy kind, monounsaturated fats. Almonds are great if you are trying to lose weight because they are a great source of fiber and protein. Almonds have also become known as a food that helps to get rid of body fat, particularly belly fat. These little morsels are also a great source of vitamin E and magnesium.
6. Spinach. Those thin green leaves pack a powerful punch of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Spinach is a great source of fiber and protein and is also very low in calories. It comes loaded with vitamins K and A as well as folate, calcium, potassium and iron.
7. Dark Chocolate. Yes, ladies, dark chocolate can be good for you...in moderation. Keep in mind that it's specifically the dark chocolate that is good for you, not other kinds such as milk or white chocolate. Dark chocolate is beneficial for you because it is full of flavonoids (which is a type of antioxidant). It can also satisfy you when you have a craving for sweets. It is recommended that you buy a good quality type with a minimum of 70% cacao content. The higher the cacao content, the lower the sugar normally. Don't forget that dark chocolate does contain quite a bit of calories so keep your portions down.
8. Oranges. This juicy fruit makes the superfood list because it is high in fiber and low in calories. Its high dose of vitamin C is beneficial to the immune system, helping to prevent colds from coming on. Oranges also contain good amounts of folate, potassium and calcium.
9. Yogurt. Probiotic non-fat plain or Greek yogurt is best for you health-wise. Be careful of the yogurt with added fruit as many tend to be loaded with sugar as well. Greek yogurt is great because it has more protein in it than regular yogurt. The downside is that it contains less calcium than the regular kind. Yogurt is a great snack to help you lose weight because it helps to stave off hunger but it is important to pay attention to the content of sugar, protein, calories and fat. For sugar content, opt for 15 g or less per 100 g serving, for calories, opt for 130 or less per 100 g serving and for fat, stick to yogurt that has 2 g or less per 100 g serving.
10. Green Tea. When you want to lose post pregnancy weight, drinking plenty of healthy fluids are going to be very beneficial for you. Of course, drinking plenty of water goes without saying, but green tea is also an excellent option. It is full of antioxidants and has been shown in studies that it may help to prevent several types of cancer. It is also great for weight loss, not only because it has zero calories, but also because it contains 3 components (catechins, caffeine and theanine) that studies show help to promote loss of body fat.
Start your weight loss journey by taking this superfood list with you the next time you grocery shop, and stock up on these healthy staples. Some can be eaten by themselves as a snack, while others can be added to your favorite recipes to make them more healthy. To really kick your post pregnancy weight loss into high gear, remember to exercise on a regular basis (once your doctor has given you the 'go ahead').
Lap-Band surgery has become the fastest growing surgical treatment opt
A lot of people are looking to lose weight, but they want more than ju
Whats The Truth About Six Pack Abs e-book about? Well at this point of
If you are a fan of horse racing, you are familiar w
So...how hard is it really to lose stomach fat.
When Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) hormone is injected or taken o
Copyright © slim.sundhed.cc Lose Weight All Rights Reserved