While losing weight is hard, it’s even harder to lose weight over the holidays. There are family gatherings, office parties, New Years parties; the list seems to go on and on. All these parties are usually accompanied by large and endless amounts of delicious but high-calorie food. I could sit here and tell you not to eat but let’s face it, that’s not going to happen. What I CAN do is offer five tips to help control the damage you do and who knows, you might even lose a little bit.
1. Don’t stress about your diet. It’s the holidays, enjoy yourself. Just be conscious of how much you are eating. Don’t go overboard but if you have an extra slice dollop of mashed potatoes, don’t beat yourself up. Stressing about it can make matters worse.
2. Arm yourself with stories. I know it sounds strange, but before you go to the party try to think of some good stories. Why you ask? Because if you are talking, you aren’t eating! If you can’t think of any good stories, take a look at current events. Find something you can engage in conversation about to pass the time and the serving bowl.
3. Move away from the food. Is that a bell around your neck? Don’t be a ‘grazer’. Put some food on your plate and move to another room if you can. You don’t want food, especially easy to eat finger food, within arm’s reach. You may wind up eating handfuls without even realizing it. Snacking is one of the biggest diet-busters out there.
4. Hit the gym an extra time or two. A lot of people get or take time off around the holidays. Instead of just sitting around the house, use that time to get in an extra workout. Not only will it help keep you from snacking at home, but it will burn a few extra calories in case you have an extra slice of pie at the New Year’s party.
5. Water is your friend. Sounds simple enough, but be sure to drink lots of water. The benefits are two-fold. First, water will help give you that feeling of fullness so you won’t feel the need to eat as much. Second, you will avoid the empty calories of most alcoholic or mixed drinks. An added bonus is no hangover the next day! If you’re afraid of what people will think about you just drinking water, put it in a solid colored cup and no one will be the wiser.
You don’t need to dread the holidays if you are on a diet. Following these five tips, you might even lose weight over the holidays. The best advice is to have fun and enjoy yourself, but just be aware of what you are putting in your body. If you do go a little overboard, some easy exercises can help get you right back on track.
A lot of people question what the best foods are for you to eat when y
Fat Burning Furnace - Lose Over 25 Pounds with At Home Exercises to Lo
The list of fat burning foods that we’re likely to show you b
Today obesity is increasing rapidly across the world, and more and mor
Copyright © slim.sundhed.cc Lose Weight All Rights Reserved