1. The nutritional value. Its pulp and skin are enriched with fructus aurantii immaturus, neohesperidin, carotene, vitamin B, vitamin C, minerals, sugar and volatile oil. Compared to other flavonoids, naringenin complex has a stronger anti-inflammatory effect. Modern medical research found, grapefruit pulp contains large amount of vitamin C and para-insulin. So it plays a role in lowering the blood glucose and blood lipid, reducing weight and beautifying the skin. Regular intake of it is great for treating diabetes, arteriosclerosis and other diseases.
Grapefruit is a low-calorie citrus fruit. It is high in vitamin C and dietary fibers, so it can provide us a strong sense of satiety. A piece of Shatian pomelo (about 140g) contains 20kcal calories. Its excellent slimming effect originates from its rich fruit acids, which can effectively stimulate the gastrointestinal mucosa to inhibit the absorption of nutrients and suppress the appetite. In addition, it also contains an unique amino acid that can inhibit the secretion of insulin, thus inhibiting the transformation of fat in liver. More importantly, it is a low-GI fruit, so its energy won't be converted into fat at soon even we have too much once.
2. The eating taboos. Though it has a lot benefits, there is some taboos about its consumption. Keep off too bitter grapefruit. And it may lead to the damages on liver and other adverse reactions when we have too much grapefruit at once, such as poisoning, dizziness, nausea, palpitations, tachycardia, fatigue decreased blood pressure and other symptoms.
3. The grapefruit Tea. Grapefruit tea is widely popular for its beauty effect, rich nutrition and unique aroma. With constant temperature storage and unique fermentation, its original nutrients have been retained while bitter taste has been removed. Due to natural honey, it is beneficial to human absorption and the supplement of trace elements. We can directly drink with cold or hot water. It can bring us a refreshing feeling to add it into black tea and green tea or use it as jam of dessert.
4. The slimming grapefruit diet. How to: In the morning, mainly take high-protein and high-nutrition foods, such as a cup of milk and a serving of paste with 1/3 of a grapefruit; at noon, take 1/3 of a grapefruit before and after the lunch and follow a normal meal; in the evening, do the same as the lunch. It is noted that we should properly control our intake of starch and fat. Make sure that we can have a grapefruit every day. Stop having too much during weight loss. Otherwise, it may affect the basal metabolism. If you are one of the group with cold physique, it is best to reduce the daily intake of grapefruit properly.
- Prev:Stay Healthy: Lose your Weight by Recognizing Body Fat Percentage!
- Next:Beat obesity with Adipex diet pills