It cannot be emphasized enough how important clear water is for our health. People of normal weight, obese people and weight loss patient are equally dependent on adequate hydration and equally affected by the negative effects of dehydration. Unfortunately, it is quite common nowadays that people mistake thirst for hunger and try to satisfy a need they do not identify correctly with eating. The results are not exactly heartwarming. Effects of dehydration
Unless awareness of the body is developed, it is relatively easy to mistake the bod's signals for water as something else and to contribute by this to the occurrence of more severe symptoms of dehydration. Symptoms of mild and moderate dehydration levels include:
- Chronic fatigue
- Feeling powerless, muscle weakness
- Inability to focus
- Headache, lightheadedness
- Feeling dizzy
- Slow, ineffective metabolism
Dehydration of severe levels can appear as extreme thirst, reduced or non-existent sweating, rapid heartbeat and even delirium. Water and weight loss
Other health benefits of drinking water
- One great benefit of drinking water instead of sugary drinks is the fact that clear water has no calories, no sugar and no other harmful additive. Additionally, water helps the body get rid of accumulated toxins. How does water contribute to weight loss? In more ways than you may imagine.
- The water you drink in-between meals cuts back on snacks and on the negative effects the latter have for your health and weight.
- Proper hydration is a necessary and welcome aid for all digestive processes. Again, as thirst for water can easily be mistaken as hunger, try drinking a glass of clear water next time an intense craving for a snack gives you hardship. Your hunger might be gone completely in 10 to 20 minutes!
- Water contributes to effective metabolism, which is beneficial for the health of your entire digestive system, including intestines and the colon.
- Effective toxin elimination gives the skin healthy, youthful look, making it more vibrant and clear. Eyes and gaze also become brighter and livelier.
- Another effect of effective toxin elimination is the termination of headaches, migraines and joint pains.
Like so many other things in life, proper hydration is a matter of habit: it seems difficult in the beginning to remember to drink water or to at least consume fruits and vegetables with high water content, but as soon as the habit is formed, drinking water becomes a natural, routine daily act.
Water has been around since forever. Make friends with this precious resource nature offers as a gift, and used it to nourish your body!
- Prev:Body Cleansing - The Natural Way to a Healthy Lifestyle
- Next:Begin a Healthier Life with Weight Plan Community