The obesity epidemic is the one of the fastest growing problem of our days. Sadly, over two thirds of the adult population of the Unites States can be categorized as being overweight or obese. While traditional weight loss methods such as diet and exercise may be helpful and efficient for many people, for others only weight loss surgery might be the way to a healthier, better life. The popularity of lap band procedure is due to its safety and relatively low risk for complications. Obesity impairs the ability to live a healthy life
Obesity and morbid obesity generate a series of difficulties that make life harder and harder to live, leading in some cases to the inability to leave the house. The emotional aspect of being obese is not to be neglected either: constant judgment about looks, constantly being patronized about what to do and how to do it, lead to the build-up of emotional stress. In top of all this, life-threatening health disorders that may significantly shorten life expectancy, lurk around the corners. Obesity co-morbidities include:
- Type 2 diabetes
- Heart diseases
- Certain types of cancer
- Sleep apnea
- High blood pressure
There is clinical evidence to show that gastric lap banding leads to the improvement and in some cases even to the termination of obesity-related health conditions. For this reason, lap band surgery is a real chance to regain a long lost quality of life. Traditional weight loss methods
Diet and exercise constitute the basis of any weight loss program, but they are not always enough on their own. The causes for which diet leads to only temporary weight loss in some cases are unknown. One contributing factor is the ability of the body to adjust and to learn to store fat more efficiently. With such a screenplay, the weight regain nightmare becomes a harsh reality, and it is possible that two thirds of the weight is put back on within the first year, despite of dieting.
Lap band surgery, combined with an attentively balanced diet and exercise, is a chance for weight loss surgery patients to reach and maintain long-term weight loss. Health benefits that come from weight loss
Eliminating extra weight is a sure way to eliminates health risks due to extra weight. The following are some of the health benefits that lap banding may lead to, thanks to sustained weight loss:
- Ease from aches and pains. As the pressure on joints and on the back is lifted as a result of weight loss, the body is relieved from all the pains and aches associated with having to carry extra weight.
- Ability to rest well at night. Sleep apnea is typical obesity-related health condition. Once weight loss occurs, sleep apnea is significantly improved or even completely eliminated and because of this, lap band surgery patients are able to go back to restful and relaxing sleep.
- Improved fertility, chances for an event-less pregnancy.
If you need more information on lap band surgery procedure, ask for the opinion of an experienced weight loss surgeon.
- Prev:Weight loss Surgery-Benefits
- Next:Maintain Healthy and Fit Body through Weight Lose Program