XENICALActive element :
orlistatXENICAL (orlistat) is a gastrointestinal lipase inhibitor for obesity management that acts by inhibiting the absorption of dietary fats.
This medication is only part of a complete program of treatment that also includes diet, exercise, and weight control.Daily intake of fat, protein, and carbohydrates should be evenly divided over all of daily meals.Mechanism of action :
It works by interfering with the action of gastrointestinal (GI) lipase in the GI tract. As a result of this mechanism of action, 30% of ingested dietary fat is not absorbed. As undigested triglycerides are not absorbed, the resulting caloric deficit may have a positive effect on weight control.Precautions :
This medicine is contraindicted for pregnant women. Weight loss is not recommended during pregnancy, even if the pregnant women are overweight or obese. Do not take this medicine if you are allergic to orlistat, or if you have gallbladder problems or chronic malabsorption syndrome (an inability to absorb food and nutrients properly).This medicine is contraindicated for those which having , a history of gallstones or pancreatitis, type 1 or type 2 diabetes, an eating disorder, liver or kidney disease. This tablet should not be used by anyone age 12 to 18. Avoid a diet that is high in fat. High-fat meals taken in combination with this can increase the risk of unpleasant side effects on stomach or intestines.Advantages :
Dosage and side effects :
- If you are severely overweight, you may notice that your weight loss is more rapid.
- It has been clinically studied and has been found to bring positive results.
Take the tablet during or within 1 hour after a meal that contains some fat (no more than 30% of the calories for that meal). It is usually taken 3 times daily. If skip a meal or eat a meal that does not contain any fat, skip the dose for that meal.Stop using medicine if you have a serious side effect such as :
- severe pain in lower back, blood in urine;
- urinating less than usual or not at all;
- drowsiness, confusion, mood changes, increased thirst;
- swelling, weight gain, feeling short of breath;
- severe pain in upper stomach spreading to back, nausea and vomiting, fast heart rate; or
- nausea, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes).
Store the medicine at room temperature away from moisture and heat. Keep the bottle tightly closed. Throw away any unused drug after the expiration date on the medicine label has passed.
- Prev:6 Amazing Great things about Diet pills
- Next:V鎔ttab - Some Useful Tips