Low calorie diet can be a great addition in one's weight loss plan. It is one of the simplest plans for dieting and weight loss. There are many plans that are crafted, like 1200 calorie diet plan, 1500 calorie diet plan, etc. There is a simple way to have a balanced diet, and that is by consuming light and nutritious snacks.
There are some snacks that are readily available whereas, some involve a bit of preparation time. There are many people who don't have enough time because of their busy schedule, to prepare nutritious food at home. For such people, the simplest solution can be, eating readily available wholesome and fibrous food. There are several dishes that can be cooked quickly, and involve very less amount of time to prepare. This actually saves time and energy, and also ensures that we consume a healthy diet.
Low Calorie Snacks
According to most nutritionists, the daily ratio of macro-nutrients must contain 50% carbohydrates, 25% fat and 25% protein. Well, according to the equation, what must one eat then? Eating healthy food is the main aim, but eating every meal by understanding its nutritional facts is also very important. Here is a list of nourishing and wholesome food products.
Healthy and Stimulating Food for Work
- Cereal Bars, Oat Bars and Chocolate Bars: The ready-made snack bars available in the market are the best ways to cut off the calorie count. These bars contain around 140 calories, and provide enough amount of energy and strength throughout the day.
- Rice Cakes and Wheat Breads: The rice cakes available in the market contain approximately 60 calories, while whole wheat breads contain only 40 calories, and hence, they are also one of the best and well-balanced food products.
- Beans and Peanut Butter: Beans like pinto beans contain 120 calories and are loaded with fibers. Peanut butter also is a great diet food option.
- Whipped Butter and Sugar Free Jello: These are two food items that one just cannot miss. They are sugar free products and contain very less amount of fat. It can be consumed by people who have a sweet tooth.
- Dry Fruits: Dry Fruits contain high fiber and several other nutrients that are important for a healthy body. They are best suited for those who have unavoidable sweet cravings.
- Hard-boiled Eggs: Hard-boiled eggs are a great source of energy and protein for the human body. They contain about 80 calories and many other nutrients like protein and iron which helps us to maintain our weight and is also beneficial for our hair and skin.
- Plain Popcorn: Three cups of air popped popcorn (without butter), contain 93 calories. This is why it is one of the best food item, that is tasty, nutritious and economical.
- Almonds: A handful, approximately 10 almonds, sum up to 100 calories; this is why almonds are also a great health food. They are very good for our eyes, hair and skin.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is loaded with calcium and it has low fat content as well. Skimmed milk yogurt is always best for a well-balanced diet plan.
- Soy and Carrots: They are easily available and eating soy chips, instead of the regular potato chips can be a great means to reduce your weight. Carrots can be consumed directly or in the form of a juice or soup.
You are all set to go to office, but have missed your breakfast and don't have any other options but to eat something in the canteen or a fast food outlet. Here are several healthy food items that can be easily prepared and are beneficial for our body. Anyone in a hurry can have any of these food items, that fill you up and are extremely nourishing.
- You can have a combination of 3 tbsp. of raisin and 3 tbsp. of dry roasted pistachios.
- You can have 1 clementine and 1 tbsp. of honey.
- You can have ½ cup frozen yogurt, ¼ cup sliced strawberries and 1 tbsp. of chocolate sauce.
- You can have carrots and ¼ cup of hummus.
- You can have 1 oz. of dark chocolate chunks and 1 oz. of pretzel nuggets together. Fruits like pomegranate, are also an extremely good food option.
- You can have 2 kiwis of medium size, or have vegetables like broccoli, zucchini, cucumber, cauliflower, fennel, etc.
There are many more healthy food items that make you feel full and are very nutritious too. It is recommended that before opting for a diet plan, make sure you consult the dietitian and check whether the diet suits you or not.
- Prev:Low Calorie Recipes for One
- Next:Low-Calorie Foods that Make You Feel Full