Although newspapers and magazines keep on providing information on health and wellness, the number of obese children and adults is increasing at an alarming rate worldwide. But the ray of hope is still there. Various health organizations have been successful in creating awareness about diet and exercise. As a result, 'calorie' has now become a buzzword in the society. As people know that a number of Hollywood celebrities and world famous personalities like Oprah Winfrey have shed those unwanted extra pounds by following a proper diet, they are enthusiastic about easy and effective ways of weight loss.
Calorie is the parameter that is used to measure the amount of energy present in a food item. Your body requires certain amount of energy or fuel to carry out daily activities. When you overfill your body, it tends to store the fuel for future use. The body converts extra calories into fat and deposits it at various locations, such as abdomen, arms, thighs and hips. To burn this unwanted fat, you need to consume lesser calories than those required to fuel your daily activities. This would compel your body to use the stored fat as the source of energy. Consuming lesser calories implies incorporating low-calorie drinks and foods in your diet. But, dieting alone is not sufficient for achieving the goal of weight loss; you are expected to exercise regularly. If you want to lose weight fast, you need to burn more calories than the calories consumed.
How to Reduce Calories in Drinks
These days, low-calorie versions of almost all popular drinks are available in market, for example, diet cola, diet soda, etc. Ordering low-calorie alcoholic drinks at a bar can help keep happy hours from turning into a diet disaster. You can order low-calorie cocktails too. To be sure of the calories, you may have homemade combination of the cocktails. It should be noted that more the concentration of alcohol in beer or any other drink, more are the number of calories. You should also watch the quantity of your drink. If you order a light calorie beer and go on a ballistic bout of beer binging, it would not serve the purpose.
Low-fat versions of milk are available at all super markets. You can opt for 1% skim milk. You should incorporate unsweetened fruit juices in your diet if you wish to opt for a low-calorie diet plan. Moreover, while making or ordering fruit juices, you should choose fruits that are low in calories. For example, apples, oranges and strawberries. You may have milk shakes with skim milk. A clear liquid diet, a master cleanse lemonade diet, a Hollywood liquid diet, or a detox diet are some of the popular liquid diets, which include only liquids. You may opt for any such diet plan for quick weight loss.
Low-glycemic (low in sugar) fruits, cereals and skim milk can be the best breakfast for the dieters. Clear vegetable or chicken soup and salads can be enjoyed as snack or lunch. You can even make soups from pulses and legumes. The most important thing is that, while on diet, you are expected to drink lots of water. Water prevents dehydration and it also acts as an appetite suppressant. Mixed drinks or cocktails can help boost your energy levels. Ginger ale, coconut water, lemon juice, tomato puree, buttermilk, etc. can be used to prepare various low-calorie mixed drinks like mocktails and fruit juices.
List of Low-calorie Drinks
- Plain Drinking Water
- Sugar Free Popsicles contain 15-80 calories.
- 1 cup of brewed Coffee contains only two calories.
- 1 cup of Tea made with skim milk contains about 10 calories.
- Fresh Fruit Juices, for example, 8 oz. of apple juice contains about 110 calories.
- Fresh Vegetable Juices, for example, 1 cup of carrot juice contains about 95 calories while 1 cup of tomato juice contains only 30 calories.
- 98% fat-free Cream of Chicken Soup comes with 70 calories.
- 99% fat-free Beef Barley Soup from Progresso contains 120 calories.
- Low-calorie Vegetable Soups. A homemade vegetable soup may contain 50-90 calories, depending upon the ingredients.
- 1 can of caffeine-free Diet Coke contains about 4 calories.
- 1 cup of Skim Milk contains about 86 calories.
- Certain Soft Drinks that are low in calories
- 1 cup or 8 fl. oz. of Lemonade contains 99 calories.
You may order the following drinks at a bar.
- Low-calorie Beer, for example, 12 fl. oz. of Mac's Light (1% Alcohol) contain 40.6 calories.
- Low-calorie Wines, for example, 1 glass of Rosé Wine contains 73 calories.
- 1 oz. of Bloody Mary contains 90 calories.
- 5.83 fl. oz. of Vodka and Tonic Water contain 90 calories.
- 3.5 oz. of 'Sangria' contain about 76 calories.
- Mojito that contains Splenda instead of sugar has 140 calories per serving.
- 1 oz. of Champagne' contains 65-70 calories.
- Apple Martini Sour may contain about 200 calories, depending upon the ingredients used to make the drink.
- 1 oz. of Gin and Tonic Water contains about 180-185 calories.
- 5.66 fl. oz. of Vodka and Diet Coke contain only 56 calories.
Including low-calorie drinks in your weight loss diet can definitely help you achieve the desired goal of quick weight loss. Keeping your weight within the normal range of weight for your height can help prevent weight related diseases and disorders and you would be able to lead a healthy and active life.
- Prev:Low Calorie Oatmeal Cookies
- Next:2000 Calorie Diet