I have worked in Manhattan for a while, and recently, I started to notice this strange phenomenon where some executives started sitting on a gym ball, instead of using their regular chairs. So after almost dying of hysterical laughter for a few minutes, I googled it, and saw the light. It turns out it's good for you.
This applies to whether you are at the office or working at home in the basement, these balance ball chairs are god-send for your aching backs. Here are some of the benefits of using an exercise ball as your chair.
1. Your spine is forced to align properly. Because an exercise ball is not stable, your body needs to try to balance itself on it. The perfect spinal posture is coincidentally the easiest to balance with. It's almost automatic that your body will align itself to get into proper posture. The end result is better spinal health and less back pains.
2. Since you are sitting on ball, you tend to change positions more often. An exercise ball causes to you to change your position often to balance. For example, if you turn to face the phone, your body will assume a new position. The more you shift, the less damage your body incurs due to prolonged sitting in same pose.
3. Quick workouts are always there. A great thing about using this alternative to a chair, is that you can do stretches or mini-workouts whenever you want, without getting up. If you are ever stuck waiting for a minute or two, you can make productive use of that time with a quick workout or stretch. Since its convenient, you will find yourself doing it more frequently, which will work wonders for your health.
4. Improve your balance. This is expected. Sitting on an unstable surface all day will improve your sense of balance, as well as the reactions of your muscles. You can feel results right away in terms of having a much better overall sense of balance as you move around.
5. Get that 6-pack abs you have always wanted. Your body primarily uses your core abdominal muscles to help compensate for changes in balance. In effect, you are getting a continuous abdominal workout as you sit. This may not sound like a lot, but consider the amount of time you spend on your computer at the office, or at home. Those hours can build up, and result in a strengthening of ab muscles.
6. It's great for the circulation. Sitting on an exercise ball promotes good blood flow throughout your body for the whole day. A desk chair on the other hand, reduces circulation to some parts of the body after prolonged use.
7. You will feel more energetic. It's a fact that if you stay in just one position for prolonged periods, it's guaranteed you will feel more exhausted by the end of the day, as compared to constantly moving around and feeling more energetic as a result. Using an exercise ball as a chair is a good way to ensure that you will be energized by the end of your working day.
8. Burn up hundreds of calories per day. The more you move, the more calories you burn. Burning 350 calories per day allows you to lose one pound of fat every two weeks. Even if you do not burn 350 a day, the least it will do is to help you keep in shape.
9. Really cheap. These exercise balls, or balance ball chairs will cost you from $10 for the ball to $80 for the ball and the chair that holds it. Much cheaper than buying an ergonomic chair, which can range anywhere from $100 to $400 and up.
10. It's really a lot of fun! Who doesn抰 like the idea of bouncing around on an exercise ball all day. Exercise balls are an exciting alternative to chairs, and may just give that spark of fun to your day.
One of the employees at Bel Marra Health just returned from a t
Want to know the key to weight loss success? The number one reason pe
Losing weight is one of those things tha
If you are really worried about your increasing weight, and you have
Have you been feeling down about the way your body looks? Does t
We are all searching for proper methods to reduce weight. Sadly, we ru
Copyright © slim.sundhed.cc Lose Weight All Rights Reserved