Want to get rid of those love handles? It's not as easy as you think, but it is possible!
Doing 1,000 crunches a day isn't going to deal with the extra fat around your waist, but you'll only love the love handles once your overall body mass decreases. It's time to find ways to burn more fat on a daily basis in order to get rid of your love handles.
Here are ways you can start getting rid of them:
- Walk for 30 minutes per day in addition to your regular workout.
- Walk up and down stairs for 20 minutes every day, or just take the stairs to and from the office.
- Get yourself a pedometer and walk 10,000 steps every day.
- Spend half an hour gardening every day, and make pulling weeds and cleaning your garden a weekend activity.
- Swim for 20 minutes a day.
- Do 30 crunches, 30 seconds of plank, and 30 seconds of side plank (per side) every day.
- Cut back on the soda. The sugar in soda goes straight to your waistline, including your hips.
- Focus on your obliques. When training your core, give your side muscles some extra attention every week.
- Strengthen your back and abs. It will help to reduce fat around your midsection.
- Do 20 minutes of HIIT cardio training every day. It targets belly fat for elimination!
- Go for whole wheat rather than white and refined wheat products. White flour goes straight to your belly.
- Wash your car. The vigorous scrubbing motion will engage your hips and obliques, giving you a good functional workout.
- Carry your children around the supermarket, and don't put them down until you have exited the front door.
- Spend 15 minutes pedaling as hard as you can on your stationary bike.
- Clean your house for an extra 20 minutes per day.
- Get on your dancing shoes and move your body to music for at least 15 to 20 minutes. The faster the music, the better!
- Break out the jump rope and use it for at least 10 to 15 minutes every day. It's one of the best forms of cardio to get rid of belly fat.
- Instead of ordering an appetizer and an entrée, have your appetizer as your entrée.
- Focus on building your leg muscles as well as your upper body muscles. By working out both upper and lower body, you reduce overall body fat and get rid of those love handles!
- Do Side Raises, Wood Choppers, and Side Bends -- all exercises targeting your love handles.
- Drink more water. The more water you drink, the better you'll feel and the more energy you'll have for your workout.
- Stop smoking. Smoking not only stops you from having energy to do exercise, but it slows down your metabolism as well.
- Get out your favorite exercise video and spend at least 20 minutes a day working out.
- Clean out your garage, moving all of the boxes yourself.
- Play with your kids on the lawn or in the park. The more you move, the better!
There are so many things you can do to get rid of your love handles. Just give it time and keep putting in the effort, and they'll disappear before you know it!
No More Winter Excuses: Cardio Exercises For Inside Your House
Some people get lucky and are born with fit, toned bodies. Andy Peloquin is not one of those people... Fitness has come hard for him, and he's had to work for it. His trials have led him to becoming a martial artist, an NFPT-certified fitness trainer, and a man passionate about exercise, diet and healthy living. He loves to exercise -- he does so six days a week -- and loves to share his passion for fitness and health with others.
- Prev:Can Marijuana Be Good for Weight Loss?
- Next:Men vs. Women: The Differences in Body Composition