Some exercises can actually be detrimental to burning belly flab. There are exercises and there are effective exercises. The astonishing fact is that these both are not the same.
Stay away from these 7 exercises if achieving a killer set of abs is your objective
1. Lying straight-legged leg raises (first 45 degrees off of floor, one leg at a time or both at the same time) 2. Hanging leg raises with an arched back 3. Sit-ups with the feet supported 4. Straight legged sit-ups 5. ANY machine-based ab exercise 6. ANY machine-based twisting exercise 7. Torso twists
Remember, you aren't working on your arms, your legs or your neck, point here is to BURN the belly fat and DEVELOP the abdominal muscles. Your Exercises need to target the abs and the supporting areas of your body, like your core.
Avoid these bad exercises if your goal is to develop really great abs.
1. Lying straight-legged leg raises: An excellent exercise. The lying straight-legged leg raises are great for exercising the LOWER abdomen, but not the classic six-pack abs. Any exercise is a better than no exercise, but if your goal is to develop your abs; you're wasting your workout time on lying straight-legged leg raises.
2. Hanging leg raises with an arched back: when the back is arched the leg raises do zero to build the abs. but if done with a straight back hanging leg raises are terrific ab exercises.
3. Sit-ups with the feet supported: Here again... sit ups with the feet NOT supported are very good ab exercises. But when the feet are supported, that kills all of the advantages to your abs.
4. Straight legged sit ups: When the legs are kept straight out during sit ups, the muscles that are being used are in the back and lower abdomen... not the abs!
5. Any machine based ab exercise: No machine is going to build your abs. Get over it and pass on the machines. Great abs are earned the hard way.
6. Any machine based twisting exercise: All Twisting exercises are good workouts to decrease the size of the waist. Twisting doesn't work the abs.
7. Torso Twists: Again... twisting doesn't work the abs or burn belly fat.
Make your exercise session time work FOR you. If you goal is to burn off that flabby stomach and build your abs, get the most advantage out of every minute of your work out program.
Doing exercises that are not designed to build up your abs is simply a waste of your time and energy, plain and simple.
- Prev:Stressed Out With Belly Fat Pt. 2: Too Much Pressure And Not Enough Elimination
- Next:Burning Belly Fat Tips to Get a Flat Stomach